Sunday, 19 December 2010

Brighton City Race

photo: Robert Lines
On Wednesday evening I went to Brighton for the 2nd Brighton City Race. Although it was only a small race, the organiser(s) had put alot of effort into it,  advertising the race on Runners World and creating their own website. The map must also have been fairly new.

It was a good fun evening. The course was well planned as it wouldn't have been too much for a total beginner but had a few fun tricks and route choices. I always enjoy slightly crazy events and I'd put this in that category - negotiating the small alleyways of Brighton with a headtorch on prime Christmas party night was entertaining.

I was pleased with my run, I didn't make any major errors but sometimes the units were hard to see. I didn't feel like I ran at top pace, but slippery pavements, lots of traffic and people didn't help that. Even so I'm very encouraged to see that I ran the 4.8km course (measured as 6.6km on my GPS watch) in 29.55 - so I wasn't going too slowly.

I won the womens' course and presented the prizes to the other classes. See photos and video here. Also results here.

No comments:

Post a Comment