Sunday, 9 May 2010

TioMila


Tio was great fun this year. I was very kindly allowed on the training camp meant for the 1st and 2nd teams before the race as I had already got flights and planned to do this. Was beautiful terrain, although not the sun of England.



The race itself was great fun. We had some pre-race team photos and we all were pretty happy with our runs. We were the best third team, I think ending up in 57th place. My run was fun. I didn't see many people out there which was surprising, but I did overtake about 15 so they were there somewhere! I did a steady race, some small wobbles, but nothing crazy that I tend to do in Scandinavian terrain. I was pleased when I finished, but later I looked at the results and my heart rate curves and I realised I didn't push that hard and there was a lot more in the tank. I think this is the next step for me in orienteering. I know I can run fast (though its all relative), and I'm becoming a better and more stable navigator. I just am not putting the two together.


The 1st team in both the boys and the girls did well and it was fun to be part of NTNUI at Tio. Hu og Hei!

No comments:

Post a Comment