Thursday, 8 April 2010

Selections!

Selections from the last 2 weekends (Scotland and the JK) have been announced.


I was selected the Great Britain team that will compete in the Nordic Orienteering Tour. These are a series of sprint and middle races at the end of June in Finland, Sweden and Norway. The aim of this trip is to give a few of us younger athletes the chance at some international races. It looks a really exciting programme and I'm looking forward to that one.


I am in the World Students Team. This will be in the middle of July in Sweden. I know I will be in the relay team and I would also like to do the long and sprint but I have to wait to hear about that.


But things don't stop here. In 2 weeks time I am going to run the British Sprint and Middle championships in the Lake District. I'm going to train there this weekend with old Birmingham University team mate Heather Gardner to get some technical practice in. After that, its Tio Mila - the big Swedish relay where I will run for NTNUI. 2 weeks after that, it is the big races of the season - the World Champs Selection races. I am encouraged by my start to the season and am very hopeful that I can continue to give consistantly improving performances and get into that World Championships team.

No comments:

Post a Comment